Non-Residents now Register a Company in Canada
Visit Our Mobile Site

Changing Corporate Name in Alberta


Articles of Amendment

Articles of Amendment are used to make changes to an existing corporation.

These changes include:

  • Changing the Legal Name of the corporation
  • Changing the number of directors
  • Changing the share capital of the corporation

To make any amendment to the Articles of Incorporation, the amendment must be authorized by a resolution adopted by the board of directors. This resolution must be also ratified by the shareholders present at a special general meeting.

Our fee to prepare and file Articles of Amendment is $199 plus taxes.

If you are changing the name of the corporation, a NUANS Name Search Report is required. You can order this report online or we can order it for you as the part of our service.

To amend your Articles of Incorporation, contact us for further instructions.


Request Additional Information





Stay informed about Canadian Small Business Matters. Get frequent Tips about
running your business, making more sales and saving on taxes.
Sign up for our free Newsletter now.


Need assistance? Call us at (416) 649-8721 or use HelpDesk

Copyright Business Development Centre. All rights reserved.
User Agreement - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy